Being a young Catholic single in Chicagoland has brought many challenges over the years. I am currently 36 and have been searching for a good quality Catholic lady since I was 20.
I have attended many events for 20- and 30-somethings: Theology On Tap, Yatch Club, ALPHA, game nights, movie nights, retreats, Spirit & Truth, praise & worship, meet-up groups, fundraisers, oil painting classes, dance nights and other socials.
I have met and dated some great ladies; however, we did not coagulate. Either I was interested in her and she was not interested in me or she was interested in me and I was not interested in her.
I have been a member of CatholicMatch for more than six years and have not found the right mate yet, but I believe this service is a great way to meet some quality Catholics, so keep the faith during your journey.
After learning about Pope John Paul’s Theology of the Body, I have come to appreciate his work and those who have answered his call to spread the word. I met some really great ladies who have made great spouses for my friends.
It is true when people say that, if you want a good laugh, make plans and then see what plans God has for you.
This Lent, I’m trying to place more trust in His plans. I’m rolling with the dating disappointments and looking for the positives. I know His grace surrounds me every day.
Reflection question: Where is God’s grace today?
Read more Lenten reflections written by CatholicMatch members:
- Day 22 – Judith-575655: ‘Dating Seems Like Its Own Form Of Penance’
- Day 21 – Jaime-361203: ‘I Want To Seek First The Kingdom Of God’
- Day 20 – Diane-173836: ‘Single Life Is Not A Barren Spiritual Desert’
- Day 19 – Michelle-629774: ‘Let Us Fast From Comparisons’
- Day 18 – Darrell-622889: ‘Single Life, Followed By Easter Joy’
- Day 17 – Rosalia-544329: ‘Amazingly, I Feel Saved’
- Day 16 – Sherry-118409: ‘My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me?’
- Day 15 – Matthew-695017: ‘Lent Is Not A Dark & Gloomy Time’
- Day 14 – Dawn-58330: ‘I want To Have Faith Like A Child’
- Day 13 – Dan-595920: ‘I Always Find Excuses’
- Day 12 – Annette-639693: ‘In The Quiet I Hear God’s Voice Clearly’
- Day 11 – Ron-40989: ‘Remember We Are Purifying Our Love’
- Day 10 – Linda-504414: ‘God Might Be Trying To Teach Us Something Vital’
- Day 9 – Andy-246798: ‘I’m Happy To Take A Break From Dating Women’
- Day 8 – Marci-365801: ‘I’m Worried I Have Drifted Off Course’
- Day 7 – Tina-401203: ‘Waiting For Our Lives To Begin’
- Day 6 – Erik-215414: ‘No One Said This Was Going To Be Easy’
- Day 5 – Cate-291547: ‘I Felt Stuck In A Second Adolescence’
- Day 4 – Ryan-672439: ‘God Loves A Good Comeback’
- Day 3 – Theresa-630252: ‘I Think Of This As Preparation Time’
- Day 2 – Barb-505508: ‘We Have To Read Between The Lines’
- Day 1 – Richard-632838: ‘I Recognize How Much I Need God’s Grace’