God is not only the creator of all, He is also the original matchmaker.
He used Adam’s rib to make him a worthy counterpart. He delivered a happy ending to the long-suffering Sarah, whose groom who prayed on their wedding night. He gave the young mother of Jesus a steadfast man to stand by her side.
Knowing this, we singles can draw comfort in the promise of Jeremiah, that God plans “a future full of hope” for each of us. Uncovering that master plan brought you and me to CatholicMatch.com. That is no coincidence.
God brought you here for a special reason. In your pursuit of spouse, perhaps someone needs to learn something from you. Maybe you need some kind of support. A life-altering friendship may be forged while you peruse profiles and scan the forums.
Whatever your circumstance, you are here for a reason.
And so, I offer you seven tips for entrusting God with the matchmaking.
1. Embrace your present situation as coming from the very hands of God. Whether the moment is good or bad, praise the Lord. Do not question it but embrace it. God loves you and has a plan for you. God will not allow something to happen to you that won’t benefit the salvation of your soul.
2. Count your blessings. Just as we all have rainy days, we also have sunny days. Do not take your blessings for granted. Every single one comes from above.
3. Prepare your soul by making time at least once a month for the sacrament of reconciliation. Just as we take time to do a little extra house cleaning before a special guest arrives, so it is important to do regular cleaning when it comes to matters of the soul. Make room for God in your soul by getting rid of the clutter, including venial sins.
4. Work on your relationship with God. There is always room for improvement. He loves you and thirsts for your love.
5. Never underestimate the power of prayer. Make daily prayer a priority. It could be something as easy as praying the Our Father as you begin your morning commute or five decades of the Holy Rosary or spending some time in front of the Blessed Sacrament before you go home. It may even involve daily Mass. Whichever way you choose to pray, do it daily. Offer your personal intentions up to God.
6. Allow God Almighty to show you the person He has reserved for you if you are being called to the vocation of marriage. Do not get impatient or stressed about it. God’s timing is perfect. God is in control of the things you cannot control. Let Him be your matchmaker. He knows what is best for you. Do your part, but keeping asking God to show you the right mate. He is in the miracle business.
7. Pray for God’s will to take place in your life. Yes, this is the most difficult step. But it is vital. The best thing that we can do for ourselves is to embrace and conform to God’s holy will for us. Whether you end up married, remain single or enter religious life, consider holiness a way of living and the ultimate target. The reward in heaven is greater than anything we can imagine.
“But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.” –Matthew 6:33