If your marital status is listed incorrectly or has changed, please contact customer support
If you are updating your status to reflect that you are free to marry in the Catholic Church, please include the date that your annulment was finalized in addition to the name of the ruling Tribunal and your advocate. If a Lack of Canonical form letter was attained, please provide us with the date of issuance and the name of the Priest who signed the document.
See Also: What marital status should I list in my profile?
Most portions of the profile include a blue edit button to make changes to any section. To access your profile to make changes, choose Review/Update from your Profile menu at the top of any page of the site. My Own Words
This section includes the following short answer sections
: My Introduction, My Ideal Match, My Faith, My Favorite Saints/Titles, My Family/Background, My Education, My Music, My Occupation, My Travels, and My Living Preference.
Multiple Choice Sections
- Select the blue edit button located next to My Own Words
- Enter your desired text into the corresponding text boxes
- Ensure that a minimum of 150 characters are written about yourself in the Introduction field
- Select continue to submit your changes to the profile reviewers
- If your changes meet the profile guidelines, your new content will be approved and visible for other members to see within a couple of hours
This includes the Faith, Background, and Appearance sections.
- Select the blue edit button next to the section you'd like to update
- Update your selections using the drop down menus and radio buttons
- Ensure that a response is included with each question as all are required
- Select Submit to save your changes
Your quick view section is a culmination of information gathered from other parts of your account and profile.
- To update your age or marital status, contact customer support
- Faith Questions can be updated by selecting Edit next to the full Faith Section toward the bottom of your profile
- Location can be updated from the Contact Information portion of your Account Page if you've relocated within the same country or by help ticket if you've moved internationally
- Active is calculated based on the last time you you interacted with any part of the CatholicMatch website and cannot be removed or manually updated
- Site Activities show which activities you have participated in throughout the site, including Trivia, Forums, Polls, and Events
Your favorite things section works similar to a keyword search, so make sure that you enter only one item at a time.
- Select the blue edit button next to Favorite Things
- Select the Add+ button to the right of the section you'd like to update
- Type your favorite things into the appropriate category one item at a time
- If your word appears as a suggestion, click on the suggestion to add it to your profile
- If the word does not exist, you can add it by clicking on the word beneath Create New
- When finished, select the blue continue button to save your changes
To edit your Photos
, please see: Photo FAQs
You can see your public profile at any time by selecting Preview/Update
from the Profile Menu
Select the edit button in your Favorite Things section to reach the edit page
- Select the Add button next to the section you'd like to update
- Begin typing your new keyword into the provided textbox
an existing keyword matching your favorite item appears beneath the textbox, select the
existing word, or, continue typing your new favorite item and it will appear as a link; select this link and it will be moved to your list
- All changes will save automatically
To remove any word from your list of favorites, simply click on the word you wish to remove.
Your interview can be viewed, created, or updated by selecting Personal Interview from your profile menu.
- Change the text for any item by selecting Edit Question from the Action menu
- Remove and entire question by selecting Delete Question from the Action menu
- Add additional questions by selecting +Add Question
Please remember not to include your own answers as the purpose of the interview is to create a multiple choice questionnaire to learn more about a potential match.
If you have moved within the same country, update your Basic Information from your Account Page. Your location in your profile will automatically update when you select Save.
If you now reside in a different country, please contact customer support and include your new city, state or province if applicable, and country in your message.
When choosing the marital status to display in your profile, please keep these definitions in mind:
- Never Married - You have never been married, either in a church or civil ceremony and have never been classified as being in a common law marriage.
- Divorced - You have received a legal divorce and do not have an official annulment or lack of form documentation. This status also applies if you were not legally married to your spouse at the time of passing.
- Annulled - You have received a final decree of nullity or lack of form documentation from your diocese, tribunal, or ruling church authority and can provide documentation showing that you are free to marry in the Catholic Church.
- Widowed - Your spouse passed away while you were legally married.
- Married - You are married in the eyes of the law and have not received a final divorce decree. If this is your status, we cannot offer our services to you until your divorce has been finalized.
If your marital status is not listed correctly in your account, please contact customer support for additional assistance.
Your profile status enables you to let other members know that you will be away from the site for a period of time or that you are pursuing a relationship.
To Update your profile status:
- Select Profile Status from your profile menu
- Choose the appropriate status from the drop down menu
- Select Change Profile Status after making the appropriate selection.
Available Profile Statuses include the following:
- Active You can access all available features. Most people fall into this default category
- On Vacation If you need to take a break from CatholicMatch, set your status to this. Access to all parts of the site are unavailable except for your account page and the help page. You will not appear in other member's search results, receive new matches, or be matched with anyone else. Your profile will reflect that you are on vacation.
- Friendship only You can access all available features, but will not appear in other member's search results, receive new matches or be matched with anyone else. Your profile will reflect that you are seeking friendship only.
- In a Relationship You can access all available features, but will not appear in other member's search results, receive new matches or be matched with anyone else. Your profile will reflect that you are currently in a relationship.
- Engaged You can access all available features, but will not appear in other member's search results, receive new matches or be matched with anyone else. Your profile will reflect that you are currently engaged to be married.
Please Note: Updates to your profile status will not affect your subscription in any way. Please ensure that your renewal method is set appropriately before your scheduled renewal date. Updates to any status other than active are limited to one in a seven day time period in order to avoid abuse of the feature.
Your interview is a great way to ask questions that may not easily come up in regular conversation. If there are any make or break questions that you want to ask before getting to know a potential match, this is a great place to ask. Remember not to give your own answers in your interview so that other member's aren't pursuaded to respond a certain way.
Your interview can be viewed, created, or updated by selecting Personal Interview from your profile menu.
- Create your own unique questions by selecting +Add Question
- Change the text by selecting Edit Question from the action menu
- Remove an entire question by selecting Delete Question from the action menu
Responding to a member's interview questions in their profile is a great ice breaker because it provides a number of discussion topics.
When you answer a member's interview questions, they will receive a message in their message inbox highlighting your responses. These responses are visible only to you and the owner of the interview.
For the benefit of our members, our customer service team reviews each profile to ensure that CatholicMatch remains a wholesome environment. The following information is not permitted in public parts of the site:
- Contact Information, including email addresses, phone numbers, last names, addresses, URLs to other networking sites, usernames, and requests for others' contact information, are not permitted in public profiles for safety reasons. Please reserve this information for the private messaging system, once you have developed a level of trust with someone.
- Membership Status- We do not permit reference to membership status because free members would then be excluded from contact. In reality, the majority of non-subscribing members are simply waiting for someone to show interest before choosing to respond.
- Content that is contrary to the Catholic teachings-In order to facilitate a wholesome Catholic environment, profanity (whether censored or not), racist, vulgar, violent, sexually explicit, content is not permitted. This also extends to advocacy of extra-marital relationships and references to horoscopes.
- Miscellaneous Restricted Content-HTML and other scripting languages, solicitations or advertisements, narratives written with all uppercase letters, solicitations, unauthorized use of copyrighted or trademarked materials, irrelevant information (writing about something other than yourself in your "About Me" space)
When visiting a profile of a person with whom you have previously corresponded, an icon that looks like two blue arrows intertwined will appear
just above the "Quick View" section. Selecting this icon will show a
full listing of your interactions with that particular member. If you
have had no prior interaction, this icon will not appear.
All new content is reviewed, however to improve membership experience, some content appears before it is reviewed or something may have been inadvertently overlooked.
If you see something that you feel should not be on CatholicMatch, such as profanity, contact information, suspicious content, or other objectionable material:
- Select Report This Profile found in the options menu in the member's profile.
- Choose the section that contains the inappropriate content
- Enter a comment so that we know what content you are reporting and why
- Select Submit Report
While we may not contact you directly regarding your report, all reports are reviewed within 24-48 hours and appropriate action will be taken.
To prevent someone from viewing your profile, please submit a help ticket
that includes the name
and member id number
of the member who you'd like to view, in addition to a brief reason for the block
for tracking purposes. To facilitate an overall positive experience for our membership, multiple blocks for the same or similar reasons may lead to the removal of the offending member's account.
Alternatively, if you'd simply like to prevent the member from contacting you again, please see: How can I block someone from contacting me?
A message stating Profile Not Found indicates that a member's profile no longer exists on the site. They may have removed the profile on their own or it may have been removed by our staff for a violation of the site's Terms of Service.
Any member with a profile status of Active will have one of the following listed in the Quick View section of his or her profile:
- Online Now
- Active within the past 24 hours
- Active within the past 2 days
- Active within the past 3 days
- Active within the past 4 days
- Active within the past 5 days
- Active within the past 6 days
- Active within the past week
- Active within the past 2 weeks
- Active within the past 3 weeks
If nothing appears in the last active portion of a member's profile, this indicates that he or she has been away from the site for 3 weeks or more. Once it has been determined that someone is no longer actively using their account, the profile is removed to avoid giving false hope to those who are actively seeking.
Your safety, security, and privacy are very important to us and as a result we go to great lengths to keep you safe while on CatholicMatch. Posting your personal contact information in public areas on the site defeats the safety and privacy features that we provide and leaves you vulnerable to unwanted contacts.
When a member browses your profile or sends you a message, it goes straight into your CatholicMatch inbox. We then send an email to your personal email address to let you know that it's there. All communication with other members stays onsite and you never have to give out your personal contact information with a specific member until you feel completely ready. When you have built a comfortable level of trust with someone, you can then exchange phone numbers, email addresses and even meet in person.
Views to Your Own Profile:
- Notification of a view will be given only one time in a thirty day period.
- The first time a match visits your profile, no notification will be sent, however, a notification will be sent if he or she comes back to your profile a second time.
- Profiles in your Viewed Me list will be removed after 60 days, but can still be found in your Activity History
Views of Other Members' Profiles:
- The first time you view a member's profile, they will be notified. You can then view the member's profile as many times as you'd like within the next 30 days without another notification being sent.
- The first time you view a match's profile by selecting Reveal from your match list no notification will be sent.
By removing yourself from the birthday list, you will not have a cupcake icon next to your photo nor will members be able to locate you by searching for today's birthdays.
You can remove yourself from the birthday list by making the appropriate selection on your Account Settings page.
To preserve members' privacy, we do not divulge any persons' membership status for any reason.
If someone has a free account, they have the option to subscribe to read your message right away or they will be able to read the personalized content of your messages, provided no contact information is included, within 10 days of receipt.
It is important not to take the results of the temperament test too seriously because results can differ based on someone's mood at the time that the test is taken. In addition, a person's temperament can change over time as a result of life experiences.
- If you'd like to take the test again or remove your results, select Edit from the temperament portion of your profile and choose,"Remove my results and start over"
Please know that if you choose to remove your temperament results and do not retake the test, you will no longer be able to view the temperaments of other members unless you retake the temperament test at a later time.
The Temperament Test is a fun tool to help understand a person's inward reaction to a situation. It consists of 107 true/false and multiple choice questions and generally takes between 10 and 20 minutes to complete.
Learn More About Temperaments