Despite many safety checkpoints, humans have free will, so prudence should be exercised to shield yourself from others' ill-intentions. These tips can, and should, be used in every dating situation, not just with people met on-line.Before Meeting
- Always take your time when getting to know someone.
- Be cautious about sharing personal information too quickly, including your email address and phone number.
- Report anyone who requests money or personal information before meeting.
- If something sounds suspicious, ask someone else for another opinion on the situation.
- Conduct your own check-ups; search for the person's name in a search engine or social media website.
- Make your first meeting in a public place.
- Provide your own transportation to the first meeting.
- Use Christian Charity when interacting and getting to know someone.
If you have any suspicions about a particular person or situation, always go with your gut feeling and always tell our staff right away. We will do everything in our power to research the problem, or user, and take appropriate action. Know that CatholicMatch is here for you and your safety.
For additional Safety Tips, please visit our Safety Page