“We must also remember the great number of single persons who, because of the particular circumstances in which they have to live—often not of their choosing—are especially close to Jesus’ heart and therefore deserve the special affection and active solicitude of the Church…”
—Catechism of the Catholic Church
The CatholicMatch Institute exists to address the unique issues single Catholics face by:
1) Encouraging single Catholics to live their lives fully now.
2) Helping single Catholics develop a strong foundation for dating relationships and marriage in the future.
Who We Serve
The number of single Catholics continues to grow (27 million in the United States). This growing population of single Catholics has a voice that needs to be heard and particular struggles that should be addressed. The CatholicMatch Institute is here to listen to that voice and address those struggles.
That voice and those struggles are multi-faceted, however. Single Catholics are a diverse group—as some have never been married and are newly exploring dating—while others have many years of dating experience and are still single later in life. And then there are singles who have been married before, but are now single due to divorce or the death of a spouse.
The Institute supports singles whether they are twenty years old or eighty years old, whether they have kids or don’t have kids, whether they have been married before or have never been married. The Institute exists to help every single person in his or her own unique journey.
Our 5 Areas of Concentration
We try to cover these five areas on how to survive and thrive on your journey. We want you to live God’s plan for you by working to:
1. Be happy in the here and now. Love your life and yourself now, so you can bring that confidence and contentment into your future marriage.
2. Live virtuously. In order to simultaneously live well now, and prepare for marriage in the future, we give you advice on practicing virtuous living.
3. Date with intention. When you are in a dating relationship, we want to help you discern and date well and avoid common dating pitfalls.
4. Stay grounded during engagement. The pressures of planning a wedding while still discerning marriage can be tremendous, and it’s important to have support and encouragement.
5. Persevere in marriage. Once married, your struggles with loneliness, growing in virtue, and dealing with suffering will still persist. We are here to continue to guide you through that!
How We Serve
The CatholicMatch Institute produces daily articles, weekly newsletters, videos, video courses, and books to provide single Catholics with advice on how to both live well and date well. We reach thousands of Catholics daily, and hundreds of thousands annually.
Join us in our mission, and invest in the future of marriage, by helping us reach more single Catholics!